Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Monday


I received another e-mail this weekend..."we will keep your resume on file...". This was an intense interview. The first round lasted three hours and included a timed test, team building exercises, and a group interview which resulted in the weirdest list on interview "donts" that I never thought anyone could accomplish.

One applicant sat hunched over, apologized for every answer (if they didn't admit to the interviewer that they were copying an answer), and proceeded to tear up when asked about their past job. Another said they hated difficult people at an interview for a customer service job and after the crier started apologizing everyone else in my group started to apologize, it was an infection!

During the second interview I showed up in proper business attire and the other applicant showed up in a t-shirt, jeans with fuzzy cuffs, and jingle bells on their feet. This pretty much tops my past experience when an interviewee brought in home made print outs for his computer fixing business complete with clip art and kept referring the Geek Squad as his "competition".

So I still don't have a reliable job. But to focus on the bright side there are more opportunities out there for me to pursue. No matter how much I stress out about it or how many times I call my mom crying there's got to be something out there for me, and I'm not ready to give up.

Picture via

No comments:

Post a Comment